Buying property in Bulgaria is easy and is no more difficult than buying in any other foreign country.
Please find below the steps for buying a property in Bulgaria:
- Visit our website or our office in Bansko. Our team is fluent in English, Bulgarian and Russian.
- Find properties that are of interest, make a preliminary enquiry and get honest answers to all your questions. Viewings will be arranged at your convenience.
- When you are completely satisfied and sure that you really want to buy the property, place a deposit to take your new home or investment property in Bulgaria off the market. The deposit varies and is usually no more than 3,000 euros. A reservation and/or preliminary contract is signed. The deposit is not refundable if you decide to pull out of the purchase.
- It is the seller’s responsibility to present detailed checks on title documents, building permissions, debts on title, etc. If the seller is not in Bulgaria, this is done by a legal representative.
- If you are not a Bulgarian citizen it is advisable that you use a Bulgarian solicitor to help you with the legal process. We work closely with two real estate law firms that are well acquainted with the latest changes in Bulgarian and international law and are fluent in Bulgarian, English and Russian. The legal cost is about 450 euro and can be lower if you use the same lawyer as the seller which is legal in Bulgaria as the completion is signed in front of a Notary.
- After approximately 6-8 weeks your lawyer will arrange an appointment with a Notary and you or he or she (if you can’t come and give Power of Attorney) will sign the Notary Deed/Title Deed. At the time of signing, it is the buyer's obligation to pay the notary fees, which equals to 5% of the tax evaluation of the property. In most cases the valuation equals or exceeds the selling price. Your legal advisor will be able to give you an exact amount once all the relevant documents are prepared.
- Transfer the remainder of the funds and get the title deeds transferred to your name.
- Become a proud owner of a property in Bulgaria.